httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Helbig" <bchel...@gorca.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuration question
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:09:53 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Krueger" <benjamin@seattlefenix.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>; "Brett Helbig" <bchelbig@gorca.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Configuration question

> * Brett Helbig (bchelbig@gorca.com) [030827 11:14]:
> > I'm trying to build the httpd v2.0.47 and I'm running into problems with
the
> > configure script. Whenever I run the script, I get multiple errors
similar
> > to the following:
> >
> > ./configure: /tmp/sh201445: No such file or directory
> >
> > Inevitably, configure fails so I can't go ahead and make the executable.
> >
> > I'm trying to build this on a system running SunOS 4.1.4 (ancient, I
know,
> > but I didn't see anything on apache's web page indicating that it
couldn't
> > be done) and I have gcc v2.6.3 (again, ancient, I know, but I don't
think
> > that the version of gcc I have would cause problems getting configure to
> > work).
> >
> > Does anybody have a suggestion as to what might be causing the problem
and
> > how to fix it?
>
> Make sure the configure script can write to /tmp.
>
> --
> Benjamin Krueger

I double checked and the configure script should able to write to /tmp. The
/tmp directory's permissions are set to drwxrwsrwt. In fact configure does
create several files in the /tmp directory that all have names similar to
sh<number>. The strange thing is that all these files end up with a size of
0. I also double checked the amount of free space in /tmp and there are a
couple hundred MBs free, so space isn't a problem.

Any other ideas?