httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason M. Kuhlman" <jkuhl...@oglecounty.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Installing the Crypt Module
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:38:34 GMT
Hi list
I am trying to get dbm authentication on a Win2K server.  Whenever I run the
dbmmanage perl script, I get the following:

perl dbmmanage.pl -m testdb view
dbmmanage MD5 passwords require the module Crypt::PasswdMD5 available from
CP

    http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Crypt/Crypt-PasswdMD5-1.1.tar.gz

Please install Crypt::PasswdMD5 and try again, or use a different crypt
option

Usage: dbmmanage [enc] dbname command [username [pw [group[,group]
[comment]]

    where enc is  -d for crypt encryption (default except on Win32, Netware)
                  -m for MD5 encryption (default on Win32, Netware)
                  -s for SHA1 encryption
                  -p for plaintext

    command is one of: add|adduser|check|delete|import|update|view

    pw of . for update command retains the ol cd password
    pw of - (or blank) for update command prompts for the password

    groups or comment of . (or blank) for update command retains old values
    groups or comment of - for update command clears the existing value
    groups or comment of - for add and adduser commands is the empty value

I have downloaded the module from cpan.org, but am not really sure how to
proceed.
Can this be installed on a Win2K machine or do I need another module for
this encryption?

Thanks