httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Foreman" <dfore...@stny.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Setup for Server Side Includes - SOLVED
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:29:27 GMT
The solution was to insert the following line:

AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

which was commented-out in my office version of httpd.conf.

Of course, I had a <directory> setup for the specific directory containing
the files. On my system I am the only user, but wanted to keep things inside
"My Documents".

regards,
D. J.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gordon [mailto:mgordon2@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 11:47 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Setup for Server Side Includes

Dennis Foreman wrote:

>Michael,
>Saw your post to Apache. I don't know the answer yet, but I have Apache
>properly running SSI's on my WinXP Pro system at home, but it doesn't work
>in my office (also XP Pro). (CGI's work properly in both places). I suspect
>there's a difference in the httpd.conf file, but I haven't found it yet.
The
>SSI's are NOT in my CGI-BIN, so that is something I should check.
>
>regards,
>D. J.

Normally the SSI files are kept in the root folder of the web site where
they can be easily found for modification.

If the SSIs work on your home PC making a copy of the config file and
moving it over to your work PC should fix your problem.  Just make sure
you rename the present config file to something like
httpd08282003.config in case you have to fall back on the original.

If your home config file works on your work PC send me a copy of the
file to work with here.  If the config file does not function on your
work PC then there must be a difference in Windows XP.

Michael

--
Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...