httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Foreman" <dfore...@stny.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] FW: Private access to files
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:05:09 GMT
Hi all,
I have a couple of questions about protecting/unprotecting access to
webpages and indexes that I haven't found in the docs.

1. Is there a way (without writing a CGI) to allow certain people to get an
index of a subdirectory, but NOT allow anyone else to get the index.

2. Is there a way (also without writing a CGI) to allow ANY user with a
proper password (common to a collection of users) to see a specific page and
then progress through links on that page without further checking?

regards,
D. J. Foreman, Ph. D.
website: http://WWW.CS.Binghamton.EDU/~foreman