httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Barbour" <Sc...@barbourcentral.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to uninstall Apache.
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 03:29:23 GMT
Joshua,

I completely understand your frustration with the rpms.  There is some
software that I allow to be done with the installation RPMS and some
that I compile from source--apache, bind, dhcp, and php being just a few
of them.

My experience has been that the best way to do this to do a custom
installation and chose not to install the rpm for apache.  If you have
already installed and or chose not to redo the install, then
uninstalling the rpm and compiling from source will work fine.
Compiling yourself will bring you up to speed in the Linux/Unix world a
lot faster.

Good luck

Scott