httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <oogun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installation/Configuration Problems
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:10:32 GMT
Hello guy,

When you opened the command prompt, you need to first get to the
directory before executing any commands.

In essence, when you open the command prompt, it should give you a
prompt

C:\>

You must now change to the directory where apache was installed. If you
did install in Program Files, then you must do the following

cd\program files\apache\apache2

You should now see

C:\>Program Files\Apache\Apache2>

It is at this point that you key in your execute command - basically you
type  apache -k install

You should then be okay....

Good luck

>>> GeoBear@geobop.com 07/23/03 02:03PM >>>
At 11:32 AM 7/23/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>"Which version of windows do you use???"

Windows XP Pro.

>"If you are using NT/2000/XP, it might be better for you to install
Apache
>as a system service by typing in the command prompt
>"c:\progra~1\apache~1\apache2\apache -k install" and then control it
from:
>start-settings - control panel->administrative tools->services = you
>should have there the apache2 service installed and can be controlled
by
>the windows OS."

Hmmmm... Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't seem to work. I clicked
Start >
Run, then typed in "command" and clicked OK. A small black window with
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\command.com" at the top opened. I typed
c:\progra~1\apache~1\apache2\apache -k install, then clicked OK. I got a

message that it is not recognized as an internal or external operable
program.