httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <oogun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache .htaccess against Gallery Software...
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:50:38 GMT
Please has anyone used Gallery installation on Apache before? I just installed it and I got
a warning from Gallery saying that the .htaccess rule is not alowing it certain parameters
and that I need to add a directive in my httpd.conf file. The Directive is supposed to be
something to the effect of:

<Directory> C:\Program Files\....\\
                   Allowoverride fileinfo
<Directory>

I am really sorry I did not write down the exact syntax, I am currently at work and my server
is at home but the above is close enough.

The system also said that I need to allow mod_rewrite

With all these, I went into my httpd.conf and tried to insert the exact required syntax, and
also loaded the module mod_rewrite, I think I did this in the PHP.inc or something to that
effect by removing the # sign in front of the statement.

The question is, is this something I should have done this way or do I need to do the .htaccess
rule somewhere else?

Please I have been doing this for approximately 3 weeks in total so I am a newbie and just
do not want to mess up real bad.

Thank you all in advance...