httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Marcello" <mmarce...@rhnet.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] UseCanonicalName question
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:31:51 GMT
users@httpd.apache.org writes:
>UseCanonicalName is used when Apache needs to create self-referential URIs,
>and that isn't necessary when you simply access the root, so something else
>is going on here. I'd look for suspicous explicit or implicit redirects in
>your config.
>
>It may also help if you did the trip with telnet, to see where things go
>wront. Start by doing an nslookup on the old host name, then telnet to that
>IP and GET the root and provide a host header with the "old" host name. Be
>sure to note that you're talking to the right server here. If you get the
>content, everything is fine. If you get a redirect response, there's
>something funny going on.

I did the nslookup.  Both the something1.rhnet.org and something2.rhnet.org are the same IP
address as dev.instruct.rhnet.org.

I go to telnet to that address and it doesnt let me connect, its OSX 10.2, and  must not be
set up for telnet.

Any other places I should look at on the machine to see whats up?  Anything in the DNS entry?

also, if i just type in the ip address, it too brings me to dev.instruct.rhnet.org/index.html,
with dev.instruct.rhnet.org/index.html as the URL, not the IP address

--mark