httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Marcello" <mmarce...@rhnet.org>
Subject [users@httpd] UseCanonicalName question
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:25:15 GMT
First I will state my goal.  I am using DNS entries to send different URL's to the same webserver.
 This is working.  For example. www.testone.com and www.testtwo.com both would go to
www.finaldest.com.  This is easy to accomplish using DNS entries.

What I want to happen is to not only have the page load the correct information, as it is
now (no virtual host, just the regular index.html page for the main server), but I want it
to keep the URL
that the user typed in, rather www.testone.com or www.testtwo.com, not have it automatically
change to www.finaldest.com

I thought setting UseCanonicalName to off would make this happenen, but it did not.  I also
tried setting it to DNS, which again, didnt work.  Is there another setting someone in the
httpd.conf file
that allows me to let the URL be the one typed in by the user?

I am sure this is possible, because Using OSX Server, this is the default, but we are not
using OSX server on the webserver that this is needed on.

--mark