httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] A question on virtual hosts
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:37:16 GMT

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Sriram Rajan wrote:
> <Vitualhost  x.x.x.x>
>     Documentroot /home

That DocumentRoot is not a good idea.  You are exposing the home
directories of all your users directly to the web.  Are you sure that all
your users are comfortable with that?  Even if they are, there are special
files in the home directories that probably shouldn't be served (.profile,
ssh keys, etc).

> I want httpd to log requests and errors from "/home/*/*/public_html" to
> different files
>
> Can I do this by creating another virtual host ??

No.  I suggest that you log to all one file and have a post-processing
program split it out for you.  That will be the simplest and most
efficient way to handle it.

Joshua.