httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IP Virtual Host and DMZ
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:48:56 GMT

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 zebabr@ig.com.br wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I read lots of documentation but could not solve my problem. I have a
> apache running inside a DMZ as follows
>
>       INTERNET
>    +++++++++++++++++
>    Router + Firewall
>    +++++++++++++++++
>          |             +++++++++++
>          |------------- WebServer
>                        +++++++++++
>
>   I want to configure Virtual Hosts with Virtual IPs. I have already
> confogurated my virtual ip´s in my WebServer. The ip´s are 192.168.0.60  ,
> 61 and 62 (umask 255.255.255.192).

If you intended to include <VirtualHost> sections (which you should have),
then your email program messed something up.  I got what was inside the
<VirtualHost>, but not the <VirtualHost> directive itself.

In your particular case, what is all-important is how the firewall
forwards the requests.  For IP-vhosting to work, the firewall must forward
the requests for each host to a different IP address.

Joshua.