httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Easy update apache 1.3.27 to 1.3.28
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:21:43 GMT

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Eelco Alosery wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have instaled apache 1.2.37 together whit suexec om my mac osx 10.2.6.
> But i found out there is a newer version of apache named 1.3.38
>
> I wonder if there is a easy instal to update apache whitout instaling
> suexec again and my apache modules and whitout configuring my
> httpd.conf again.
> Can i replase just some apache files and restart apache again or do i
> realy need to install apache from the start.
>
> Please gif me a good solution for my guestion, i'm not a total neewby
> but also not a expert.

Assuming you kept the source tree for 1.3.27, go into that directory and
find the file named config.nice (or it may be config.status; I can never
keep them straight).  Copy that file to the root of the 1.3.28
distribution, then type
./config.nice
make
make install

After that, you should be able to restart apache and have the new version
working with no other changes.  The installation will not overwrite your
documents, config files, or third-party modules, and the module api is
compatible, so all third-party modules should continue to work.

If you don't have the 1.3.27 source distribution, you'll need to recreate
the same ./configure command line that you used and then repeat the above
steps.

Joshua.