httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] enable-mods-shared=most and all
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:46:46 GMT

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Gustavo A. Baratto wrote:

> oh boy... I wouldn't have noticed the difference even if I have read the
> docs 1000 times. Well, at least it is documented... no manual can
> prevent stupidity :
>
> I think it would be better if configure died if an option is not valid
> or it doesn't apply to the platform, like in this case, or when prefork
> mpm is used automatically instead of worker when configure can't find
> threads... it could be dangerous...

It would be nicer, but it can't be accomplished in the current build
system.  Apache passes the configure command line through to all the
libraries which do their own configuration.  So there is no way for any
particular part of the configuration to know what --enable options are
meaningful.  That means you can --enable-incredible-hulk if you'd like,
and configure won't complain.  Very nasty.

Joshua.