httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ExtFilterDefine mode=input
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:41:27 GMT

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Ivan Montoro wrote:
> Taking the Filter method, I cannot use mod_ext_filter
> to take incoming request, as they will be implemented
> in the future. Does anybody know when this features
> would be implemented? The idea of writing my own
> filter is nice, but I'm quite bad C programmer :)

mod_ext_filter has the ability to act as an input filter already committed
in the 2.1 (development) version.  It will probably get back-ported to
2.0, but not before the next release.  You may be able to use the updated
version of mod_ext_filter in an older apache, but I haven't checked to see
if there are any other necessary changes.  See:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/filters/mod_ext_filter.c

Certainly mod_ext_filter isn't going to be the most efficient way to do
this, since it will be like running a cgi script on every request.
mod_rewrite or a custom-written module would be more efficient.

Joshua.