httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Inline Content Modification
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:06:26 GMT

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Stefan Meier wrote:

> I like to use apache as a forwarding proxy server and do some
> modification of the html content (e.g. replace certain text) during the
> forwarding of the pages. Is that possible with the proxy module of apache
> and can I modify the user requests (e.g. when the user sends a form to the
> server) also?

In 2.0 mod_ext_filter can do this, although it will increase the load on
your server, since it launches an external program for each request.  I
believe that the development version will also let you filter on the input
side, but not the currect released version.

Other than that, you'll probably need to write a module.

Joshua.