httpd-users mailing list archives

From <..@homes2see.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess files
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:54:56 GMT

 I'm having some trouble with .htaccess files in Virtual Host directories.
The .htaccess files within the server root (/var/www/html) directories
work fine but I have many ip based virtual hosts and the .htaccess files
that reside in these directories paths are simply ignored.

 I did read something in the archives from Febuary that you should use a
<Directory> directive with the contents of the .htaccess file within the
httpd.conf file. Would this directive be placed within the <VirtualHost>
tags of each host using a .htaccess file?

Oh, I'm using 1.3.23

Thanks,

Ed