httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Gcc Library dependencies
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:39:25 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 July 2003 11:39, Jason Grajeda wrote in an attempt to be
> witty and informative:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Does anyone know why Apache2 needs this gcc library,  libgcc_s.so.1
> > and Apache 1 does not? And is there any way to remove this
> > dependency?
> >

> > Thanks for the help,
> >
> > Jason
>
> I don't know why it does, but why would you want to remove it? It
> probably needs it for a reason. Why not just satisfy the dependency?

I don't know if this helps but when compiling with GCC on Solaris there
are some symbol dependencies built into some modules (mod_cache,
mod_ststus) for which you will receive error messages when you try to
start apache.

You can relink these modules and force the linking to statically resolve
the symbol references it requires.

Find libgcc.a:
/usr/local/bin/gcc -print-libgcc-file-name

cd <srcdir>/modules/experimental
(from modules.mk)

ld -G -o mod_cache.so mod_cache.lo \
        cache_storage.lo \
        cache_util.lo \
        /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.2.2/libgcc.a

cp mod_cache.so /opt/apache_2.0.46/modules/

cd <srcdir>/modules/generators
(from modules.mk)

ld -G -o mod_status.so mod_status.lo
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.2.2/libgcc.a

cp mod_status.so /opt/apache_2.0.46/modules/

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services