httpd-users mailing list archives

From Colin.Sle...@transwareplc.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache / Tomcat RPM
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:46:33 GMT

This is a pretty messy process . Just download the source from apaches site
and compile it  using the following :

tar -zxvf apache_version.tar.gz
cd apache_version

./configure  - - prefix=/usr/local  and add any other modules you need
after this. It is the simplest way I think but obviously someone else may
have a better idea

Regards

Colin Slevin

                      "Hari Om"

                      <hari_om@hotmail.        To:       tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org,
users@httpd.apache.org
                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  [users@httpd] Apache / Tomcat RPM

                      28/07/2003 16:13

                      Please respond to

                      users

how can I tell RPM (Red Hat Packet Manager) to install package in a certain
directory?
I am using Red Hat Linux 7.1
I tried following:

#rpm -ivh apache.rpm

How can I tell RPM to install Apache in /usr/local (or any other
userdefined
directory)?