httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Michael" <ja...@truck.ds.adp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_mysql
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:55:00 GMT
Guys,

I'm a noob.  I'm setting up a company intranet server using Apache and RH9.0
Server.

I have a tarball for mod_auth_mysql.  It says I need to recompile Apache to
activate a module for auth_mysql so that it will work.  Then it says add
Auth_MySQL_Info hostname user pass to httpd.conf.  If Apache will start with
this entry in the conf file, it worked, if it won't , it didn't.

My question is this:  is it necessary to recompile Apache?  I have it
running so nice now.  If I recompile it, how can I know that I will use the
proper flags and parameters in ./configure?  Does RedHat provide some kind
of guide for adding modules to its distro of Apache?

As with most of my experiences with linux, I'm afraid if I go monkeying with
Apache, I won't be able to bring it back short of reinstalling it from the
RH CD's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

JLM