httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin French <jus...@indent.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache under OSX -- directory listings denied
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:34:37 GMT
Hi all,

I'd appreciate a little help with permissions and that sort of stuff...

I have a working installation of Apache, with the docroot of:
DocumentRoot "/Users/justinfrench/Documents/htdocs/"

When enter the url of a file in the browser
(http://<domain>/dir/file.xxx), everything is fine, but when I enter
just a directory (http://<domain>/somedir/), i get the following error:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /somedir/ on this server."

1. apache is currently running as User justinfrench, Group admin.

2. i've made sure all files within the docroot are owned by me:
chmod -R justinfrench:admin htdocs

3. even though it's a dumb move, I've even chmod -R 777 htdocs

But I still cannot get the default directory listing on a url like
http://<domain>/somedir/

Has any one got some ideas?

TIA
Justin French