httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] newbie redirect/rewrite question?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:50:40 GMT
Plain text please...

mod_rewrite is probably a bit of an overkill for what you want to do -
especially if you find the docs confusing. All you really need is a
Redirect directive, e.g.:

Prerequisite: mail.domain.com and www.domain.com should both lead to a
virtual host on your server (i.e. if they are separate IPs, you should
be listening to both IPs. If they resolve to the same IP, you should
have a name-based virtual host set up for each - let's assume this is
what you're doing).

So your config is something like this:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.1
Listen 192.168.1.1