httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] I need help installing Apache on SUSE 8.2
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:04:45 GMT

You configure apache by editing the configuration file. It is called
"httpd.conf". Do you know where this is? (If you don't - "find" it).

The main directive to set is "DocumentRoot" which tells apache where to
start looking for files. This should point to the start of your website
(i.e. the directory containing your "index.html").

If you go to http://localhost/ you should see the apache start page. Do
you?

A word of advice: don't even think about PHP until you understand how to
configure apache...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Thanks
>

>+++++++Info About this E-mail+++++++++
>+Poruka je napisana u 09:56:34       +
>+Dana Wednesday, July 02, 2003      +
>+Files in this E-mail massage        +
>+<none>                              +
>+Email: beogradjanin@shaw.ca         +
>
>Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat

views of the sender's company.