httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dave [Hawk-Systems]" <d...@hawk-systems.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DocumentRoot?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:41:24 GMT
>	I have a question, does the DocumentRoot differ for connections
>on port 80
>(http) and port 443 (https), my programmers and I haven't been figure this
>one out.

can...  normally (if not exclusively) any ssl/alternate ports require an
additional virtual host container as it will have to initialize various SSL
environment variables.

Take a look at the tail end of your httpd.conf file and you should see the
default *:443 virtual host container...  check what the document root is set to
in there.

Note: you can set both to the same document root, but you have to specify that
same location in both contexts.

Dave