httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cui Xiaojing-a13339 <a13...@motorola.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Need to help about Apache Installation
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:24:46 GMT
Hello ALL,

I have downloaded Apache 2.0.46 and try to install it on Solaris 2.6.  The uncompress is successful,
but when try to install using : ./configure -prefix=/usr/local/httpd-2.0.46, following error
occurs. Maybe I need to install C compiler, but I have some difficult to install it. Could
I download a Apache that no need to compile when installation.  Thanks a lot.

$ ./configure -prefix=/usr/local/httpd-2.0.46
checking for chosen layout... Apache
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6

Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...

checking for APR... reconfig
configuring package in srclib/apr now
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
Configuring APR library
Platform: sparc-sun-solaris2.6
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
APR Version: 0.9.4
checking for chosen layout... apr
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot cr
eate executables
check `config.log' for details.
configure failed for srclib/apr
$