httpd-users mailing list archives

From Novick√Ĺ Marek <novi...@aarongroup.cz>
Subject [users@httpd] Solaris 8 IPV6 Network is unreachable
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:09:27 GMT
I found strange warnings occurs from time to time in apache error log like

[warn] (128)Network is unreachable: connect to listener

they come up after info

[info] (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter:

When I compile apache with directive --disable-ipv6 all warnings disappear.

It seems to me that even IPV6 is not configured on my Solaris 8 system apache tries to connect
to IPV6 which leads to messages like "Network is unreachable".

If I am right it would be nice to catch this automatically during configuration because it
takes me some time to solve.

Thanks

Marek