httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Crawford, Cole" <Cole.Crawf...@paymentech.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] reading from tar
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:44:24 GMT
I know it would be easy with perl, I guess I can start work on a mod_tar

Thanks,
Cole

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 3:04 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] reading from tar

Do you mean for apache to select a particular file from the archive?
Apache simply reads files  or executes programs and pipes the output to
the client. It can't go rummaging around in a tar file all on its own!

A perl script to do this would be trivial, however. Any reason why you
don't want to use CGI?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Has anyone succesfully done this?
>
>Thanks
>Cole
>
>Learn more about Paymentech's payment processing services at
>www.paymentech.com
>THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any
>attachments are proprietary and confidential information
>intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If
>you are not the intended recipient, you may not print,
>distribute, or copy this message or any attachments.  If you
>have received this communication in error, please notify the
>sender by return e-mail and delete this message and any
>attachments from your computer.

views of the sender's company.