httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Crawford, Cole" <Cole.Crawf...@paymentech.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Host Help Needed ASAP!!
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:28:15 GMT
to answer one part of your question you need to set up htaccess for your different "company"
folders

then assign you users to groups:

sample .htaccess

AuthName "Secure Area"
AuthType Basic
AuthGroupFile /opt/apache/htdocs/ant/pushers
require group pushers

salmple authgroup file

pushers:monica linda sue

get it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tatineni, Shobha, ALABS [mailto:tatineni@att.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 2:57 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Virtual Host Help Needed ASAP!!

Hi All,
	We have a requirement to configure apache so that we can share apache among mulitple companies
that would be accessing our resources on one Sun box. I have never used Virtual Hosts, although
I configured apache with minimal requirements. I have a presentation tomorrow and I need to
do a proposal. We would like to share as much resource as possible among the companies.  Can
somebody briefly give me an idea how I can acheive this? Also, Suppose the Apache server is
shared (accessible) by Company X and Y, how
would you set up access control, that firm X cannot access firm Y's resources?

Would really appreciate if somebody could respond quickly.

Thanks,

Learn more about Paymentech's payment processing services at www.paymentech.com
THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary and
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not print, distribute, or copy this message or any
attachments.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.