httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Nix" <Jeremy....@sfsltd.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Handling site outage gracefully
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:41:49 GMT
I'm configuring an Apache HTTP server as the front end to my tomcat web
application server.  There will be times when I will be temporarily
pulling down Tomcat to perform application upgrades as well as possible
tomcat upgrades.  My question is when tomcat is down, is there a way to
redirect output to a simple "Site is currently Unavailable" page instead
of this:

Not Found
The requested URL /deliverance/sfs was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.46 (Win32) mod_jk/1.2.2 Server at jnixws.sfsltd.com Port 80

I realize that this may not be an option, and I would therefore have to
modify my apache configuration to redirect to an error page manually.
If this is the case can somebody give me the quick syntax to redirect
everything under the url /abc to an error page (this would include:
/abc/123, /abc/456, etc...).

Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Ltd.