httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Baker <bak...@web-ster.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Differences in .htaccess and httpd.conf
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:35:06 GMT
I'm trying to redirect some requests coming in from one domain to
another... So I put the following line in the httpd.conf and it works just
fine. Redirects anything to test.php on the other server, GET variables in
tact. If I put that SAME line in an .htaccess file and remove it from the
httpd.conf it redirects to the other domain just fine, only WITHOUT the GET
variables. Is there something I'm missing here?

RedirectMatch 302 test.php(.*) http://www.domain2.com/test.php$1

<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#redirectmatch>Apache
docs say it should be ok. It says it should over-ride just fine, I'm not
sure why there is different behavior in the .htaccess file.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_alias.html#redirectmatch

Is there a difference between putting the config line in one place or the
other?

Scott Baker - Webster Internet
Network Engineer - RHCE
bakers@web-ster.com - 503.266.8253