httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <GeoB...@geobop.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Turning Apache Off
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:52:37 GMT
This is probably a dumb question, but are you supposed to turn Apache off
before shutting down your computer if it's running service mode? I couldn't
get Apache 2.0 to work, so I downloaded a package with Apache, PHP and
MySQL, and I installed it with Apache in "service" mode - running all the time.

I now have a little black screen that says: "Apache/1.3.27 <win32>
PHP/4.2.3 running..."

So I want to shut my computer down, should I click this screen off or just
ignore it? And what kind of problems might result if I shut it down
incorrectly?

Thanks.