httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <GeoB...@geobop.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Installation/Configuration Problems
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:34:29 GMT
I'm continuing to configure Apache, and I'im making some progress now that
I solved some problems I was having with Dreamweaver and Windows. But I
just ran into a couple other Apache problems.

First, I just discovered that I can't create a desktop shortcut, because I
can't find Apache's .exe file. It's supposed to be at C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Apache\Apache.exe (Apache2\Apache.exe on my computer),
but there are only folders and files with .txt extensions in that folder.
If I can access Apache's welcome page by typing http://localhost:8080/ into
a browser, then I mush have an Apache .exe file somewhere, right?

Second, I read that you aren't supposed to close the Apache console window;
rather, you're supposed to open a second window and type in a command to
shut it down. So I opened a second window, and discovered that I can't type
anything in it. My keyboard's working fine; I can type in other programs,
but all I see in the Apache window is a blank black screen with a blinking
cursor, and I can't type anything in it.

Any tips?