httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <GeoB...@geobop.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache vs Apache2
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:15:38 GMT
Another question... I read the following in some Dreamweaver instructions:

"Apache's configuration details are held in text files, which you can edit
with a standard Text Editor. The main configuration file is called
httpd.conf, and if you installed the Apache web server to it's default
location, the path to httpd.conf will be:

"C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/Conf/httpd.conf"

On my computer, the path is

C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/Conf/httpd.conf

This presumably reflects the fact that I had two versions of Apache
installed - 1.3 and 2.0 - though I uninstalled both and deleted remaining
folders before reinstalling Apache 2.0. Is this a problem? If so, I can I
fix it by simply going into Windows Explorer and renaming Apache2 to Apache?

When I type http://localhost:8080/ into a browser, I get the Apache welcome
page. I'm just trying to finish configuration so I can preview my website
pages in Apache.