httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <GeoB...@geobop.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuration Questions
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:56:59 GMT
I've been rereading the instructions for configuring Apache for Windows at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html, but I'm still confused.

The first thing I want to get squared away is all the "root" commands. This
is what's listed in my conf file:

ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"

My websites are stored on my C drive in a folder called sites - C:sites.
Going back to square one, am I supposed to type some reference to C:sites
in the conf folder, or do I just take care of that in Dreamweaver > Sites >
Edit Site?

I'm also a little confused by this passage:

"Apache for Windows contains the ability to load modules at runtime,
without recompiling the server. If Apache is compiled normally, it will
install a number of optional modules in the \Apache2\modules directory. To
activate these or other modules, the new LoadModule directive must be used.
For example, to activate the status module, use the following (in addition
to the status-activating directives in access.conf):

"LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so"

Is this something I have to do or should do? If so, then do I simply create
a new line with the text
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so - presumably at the head of
the list of LoadModule commands?

Thanks.