httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Apache <apa...@productivitymedia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache install under 10.2.6 help please
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:46:56 GMT
Hey Justin,

OS X is definitely a strange beast. (Hope 10.3 is better in the UNIX
department!) Ok some questions... did you install Apache 2.0.46 or use
the one provided by Apple? I would not use the one provided by Apple as
it's an older version and has some vulnerabilities. You can use the
source distribution without any problems, so I would suggest installing
that.  To use PHP use change the httpd.conf the same way you did in
/etc/httpd/httpd.conf.  As for MySQL, goto the website and get in
binary distribution, install that somewhere (maybe /usr/local)... read
the INSTALL file and then you should be ok...

PS. As for the localhost problem try 127.0.0.1 (internal IP address) as
that works without any problems.

Cheers,