httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Dossett ...@emtex.com>
Subject [users@httpd] authconfig directory and rewriting
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:29:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm stuck.  I have a direcory under my web root /v
and I am authenticating users via ldap that want to
enter this directory... this works fine... but I
also am rewriting the url to be https:// in case the
user forgot and typed http://  ... but there is
some interaction that I don't understand.  I rewrite
all URLs into the server as there is a java servlet
running on it and a directory that has authentication
protection... so this bit rewrites all URLs...

# the rewrite section
<Location />
         Options FollowSymLinks
         AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes AuthConfig Limit
         RewriteEngine on
         RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
         RewriteRule ^(.*)$      https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1       [NC]
</Location>
RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/rewritelog
RewriteLogLevel 10

# and then
#the directory that requires authentication

<Directory /var/www/html/v>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "password required"
Options FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch
AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://ldap.example.com:389/dc=example,dc=com?uid?sub?(objectClass=*)"
require valid-user
</Directory>

The rewrite rule works fine for everything but the <Directory....

when I give it that URL, it rewrites, but gets the whole path
in it and the unauthorized html thingy... (I'm using apache 2.0.45 i
think...)

https://www.example.com/var/www/error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var

and I have been trying different combos of stuff all morning and
this is pretty much where I'm stuck.  I don't usually give up this easy,
but I my eye's are going a bit funny looking at things, so if anyone
could tell me how I am being stupid in this case, I would hugely
appreciate it.

Thanks
Bill