httpd-users mailing list archives

From Victor Tsang <vic...@outblaze.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Intermittent Load Problems
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:39:02 GMT
use the mysqladmin processlist command to check if there's any query
locking your mysql server, that is quite a common cause of web service
slow down.

and for strace, do a ps -auxw | grep httpd and do a strace -p <pid> on
any of them.  If your apache children are suffering from one common
problem, sooner or later you will see strace's output slow down on
something.

strace output is not easy to understand but it should give you some good
hints of what is causing your problem.

Tor.