httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gregg Donley <gre...@nvsys.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with multiple virtual hosts and dynamic dns
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:07:45 GMT
Thanks Joshua and Jeff for the responses. My domains are registered
though registerfly and they provide
what they call "URL Framing" but I am not sure about the specifics of
how that works. The dynamic dns
I am currently using is though tzo.com, but I have considered trying
some others so see if that makes any
difference. I guess I don't understand exactly what information apache
uses to select the virtual host. I
though it was something in the http request that was sent by the client,
but I could be wrong. As for the
back-slashes mentioned in the other response, I don't think they are an
issue on a windows box, they've
always worked fine for me.

I think I'll try to sniff some packets with and without the dynamic dns
and see what changed.

Thanks for the replys.

Gregg