httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gregg Donley <gre...@nvsys.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with multiple virtual hosts and dynamic dns
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:20:05 GMT
I have three domains for which I am hosting websites on my windows box.
All three domains
use url framing to point to the same dynamic dns host.  The problem is
that apache seems
unable to distinguish between the three domains and access the correct
virtual host container, it
sends them all to the default virtual host.  Creating an additional
virtual host with the name of the
dynamic dns host confirms that apache is seeing that host name rather
than the host specified by the
client.  Is this the expected behavior?  It there a way to have multiple
domains point to the same
dynamic dns host and still have apache distiguish between them and
direct them to different
virtual hosts?

Thanks.

NameVirtualHost *

# Default - seems to catch everything if the dyn_dns virtual host is
omitted
<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName default
 DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs"
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ \
              "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin/"
 ErrorLog     "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\logs\error.log"
 CustomLog    "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\logs\access.log"
common
</VirtualHost>

# First domain
<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName domain1.com
 ServerAlias *.domain1.com
 DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\domain1.com\htdocs"
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ \
              "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\domain1.com\cgi-bin/"
 ErrorLog     "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\domain1.com\logs\error.log"
 CustomLog    "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\domain1.com\logs\access.log" common
</VirtualHost>

# Second domain
<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName domain2.com
 ServerAlias *.domain2.com
 DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\domain2.com\htdocs"
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ \
              "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\domain2.com\cgi-bin/"
 ErrorLog     "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\domain2.com\logs\error.log"
 CustomLog    "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\domain2.com\logs\access.log" common
</VirtualHost>

# Added virtual host for dynamic dns host which, if present, gets all
request.
<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName dyn_dns.com
 ServerAlias *.dyn_dns.com
 DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\dyn_dns.com\htdocs"
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ \
              "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\dyn_dns.com\cgi-bin/"
 ErrorLog     "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\dyn_dns.com\logs\error.log"
 CustomLog    "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\dyn_dns.com\logs\access.log" common
</VirtualHost>