httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gustavo A. Baratto" <gbara...@superb.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] enable-mods-shared=most and all
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:39:18 GMT
oh boy... I wouldn't have noticed the difference even if I have read the
docs 1000 times. Well, at least it is documented... no manual can
prevent stupidity :

I think it would be better if configure died if an option is not valid
or it doesn't apply to the platform, like in this case, or when prefork
mpm is used automatically instead of worker when configure can't find
threads... it could be dangerous...

Anyways, rectifying my error:
./configure --enable-modules=most
----
BUILTIN_LIBS=' modules/aaa/mod_access.la modules/aaa/mod_auth.la
modules/aaa/mod_auth_anon.la modules/aaa/mod_auth_dbm.la
modules/aaa/mod_auth_digest.la modules/filters/mod_ext_filter.la
modules/filters/mod_include.la modules/loggers/mod_log_config.la
modules/metadata/mod_env.la modules/metadata/mod_expires.la
modules/metadata/mod_headers.la modules/metadata/mod_setenvif.la
modules/http/mod_http.la modules/http/mod_mime.la
modules/dav/main/mod_dav.la modules/generators/mod_status.la
modules/generators/mod_autoindex.la modules/generators/mod_asis.la
modules/generators/mod_info.la modules/generators/mod_cgi.la
modules/dav/fs/mod_dav_fs.la modules/mappers/mod_vhost_alias.la
modules/mappers/mod_negotiation.la modules/mappers/mod_dir.la
modules/mappers/mod_imap.la modules/mappers/mod_actions.la
modules/mappers/mod_speling.la modules/mappers/mod_userdir.la
modules/mappers/mod_alias.la modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.la
modules/mappers/mod_so.la'
----

./configure --enable-modules=all
----
BUILTIN_LIBS=' modules/aaa/mod_access.la modules/aaa/mod_auth.la
modules/aaa/mod_auth_anon.la modules/aaa/mod_auth_dbm.la
modules/aaa/mod_auth_digest.la modules/filters/mod_ext_filter.la
modules/filters/mod_include.la modules/loggers/mod_log_config.la
modules/metadata/mod_env.la modules/metadata/mod_mime_magic.la
modules/metadata/mod_cern_meta.la modules/metadata/mod_expires.la
modules/metadata/mod_headers.la modules/metadata/mod_usertrack.la
modules/metadata/mod_unique_id.la modules/metadata/mod_setenvif.la
modules/http/mod_http.la modules/http/mod_mime.la
modules/dav/main/mod_dav.la modules/generators/mod_status.la
modules/generators/mod_autoindex.la modules/generators/mod_asis.la
modules/generators/mod_info.la modules/generators/mod_cgi.la
modules/dav/fs/mod_dav_fs.la modules/mappers/mod_vhost_alias.la
  modules/mappers/mod_negotiation.la modules/mappers/mod_dir.la
modules/mappers/mod_imap.la modules/mappers/mod_actions.la
modules/mappers/mod_speling.la modules/mappers/mod_userdir.la
modules/mappers/mod_alias.la modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.la
modules/mappers/mod_so.la
----

Thank you very much for your help...

Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Gustavo A. Baratto wrote:
>

>>If someone is interested to know which modules come with
>>enable-mods="all", and "most", here it goes:
>>
>>--enable-mods=all or --enable-mods=most (static build) do not work. Both
>>give you the same modules... exactly the same if you just run ./configure
>

> That's because --enable-mods is not a proper configure directive.
> --enable-modules is what you want.  Yes, this is incredibly annoying, but
> at least it is documented:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html#configure
>
> Joshua.

  Gustavo Baratto - Programming and Technical Support
  GBaratto@SUPERB.NET * (604) 638-2525 ext. 408

  Technical support web-site: http://support.superb.net
  Superb Internet Corp. "Ahead of the Rest"