httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gustavo A. Baratto" <gbara...@superb.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] enable-mods-shared=most and all
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:08:17 GMT
If someone is interested to know which modules come with
enable-mods="all", and "most", here it goes:

--enable-mods=all or --enable-mods=most (static build) do not work. Both
give you the same modules... exactly the same if you just run ./configure

But if you are using --enable-mods-shared=all, you get mime_magic,
cern_meta, usertrack, and unique_id on top of what you get if you use
--enable-mods-shared=most

I'm really surprised these options don't work or don't have a definite
meaning. They would save everybody lots of time building apache.

See results below:
I ran ./configure --enable-mods=most I got this:
--
BUILTIN_LIBS=' modules/aaa/mod_access.la modules/aaa/mod_auth.la
modules/filters/mod_include.la modules/loggers/mod_log_config.la

then after make distclean and I ran ./configure --enable-mods=all :
--
BUILTIN_LIBS=' modules/aaa/mod_access.la modules/aaa/mod_auth.la
modules/filters/mod_include.la modules/loggers/mod_log_config.la
modules/metadata/mod_env.la modules/metadata/mod_setenvif.la
modules/http/mod_http.la modules/http/mod_mime.la
modules/generators/mod_status.la modules/generators/mod_autoindex.la
modules/generators/mod_asis.la modules/generators/mod_cgi.la
modules/mappers/mod_negotiation.la modules/mappers/mod_dir.la
modules/mappers/mod_imap.la modules/mappers/mod_actions.la
modules/mappers/mod_userdir.la modules/mappers/mod_alias.la
modules/mappers/mod_so.la'
--

Then I ran just ./configure :
--
BUILTIN_LIBS=' modules/aaa/mod_access.la modules/aaa/mod_auth.la
modules/filters/mod_include.la modules/loggers/mod_log_config.la
modules/metadata/mod_env.la modules/metadata/mod_setenvif.la
modules/http/mod_http.la modules/http/mod_mime.la
modules/generators/mod_status.la modules/generators/mod_autoindex.la
modules/generators/mod_asis.la modules/generators/mod_cgi.la
modules/mappers/mod_negotiation.la modules/mappers/mod_dir.la
modules/mappers/mod_imap.la modules/mappers/mod_actions.la
modules/mappers/mod_userdir.la modules/mappers/mod_alias.la
modules/mappers/mod_so.la'
--

Now testing the share modules...
I tried ./configure --enable-mods-shared=all:

Then ./configure --enable-mods-shared=most :
--
DSO_MODULES=' access auth auth_anon auth_dbm auth_digest ext_filter
include log_config env expires headers setenvif mime dav status

Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Gustavo A. Baratto wrote:
>

>>Greetings,
>>
>>the manual is not clear about the definition of "most" and "all" for the
>>option enable-mods-shared.
>>
>>Does "all" mean everything including experimental? or just all in "base"
>>
>>Which modules are "most" list? Maybe the docs should specify that...
>

> The problem is that even the developers don't really agree on what those
> mean.  Originally "all" meant EVERY module except those that nobody would
> every want to run in production (mod_example, for example).  "most" meant
> the same thing except, if a prerequistie for a module failed, then the
> build would continue with that module excluded.
>
> But various developers have decided somewhat arbitrarily that some modules
> should not be in "all" or "most".  So all you can really do is give it a
> run and what the configure output for a listing of the included modules.
> (Or you can go digging in the configure.m4 files in the module source
> directories.)
>
> Joshua.

  Gustavo Baratto - Programming and Technical Support
  GBaratto@SUPERB.NET * (604) 638-2525 ext. 408

  Technical support web-site: http://support.superb.net
  Superb Internet Corp. "Ahead of the Rest"