httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Jesso" <jje...@global-matrix.com>
Subject [users@httpd] using an apache web server as the middle guy
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:32:30 GMT
I am faced with a very awkward problem.  I have a client who connects to
some web site to book airline tickets.  I would like them to connect to
our apache web server and get the airlines web pages that way.  I want
to do this because I want to get the some data into our system (I want
to intercept the http data and extract certain data.).

Can the apache web server act as a bridge between a browser and another
web server?  I don't want to replace the apache web server with my own
kind of web server.

So a client connects to my apache web server.  Something (?) there sends
(or forwards) the request to the airlines web server and receives the
response and sends it to the clients browser.

--
<jason/>