httpd-users mailing list archives

From leam <l...@reuel.net>
Subject [users@httpd] New install "apacectl start" reads old conf file
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:16:18 GMT
I just installed 2.0.46 and PHP according to:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php

Using SuSE 8.0/i386.

I've had older httpd installs but none running. When I tried the
"/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start" it fired right up. However it
was reading the httpd.conf from one of the old installs! (/opt/apache/conf)

There was an httpd user for th eold install so I removed it, and the old
directories. I'm starting apachectl as root and it still tries to read
the now gone httpd.conf.

How do I make it read the right conf file? Should I just upgrade to
2.0.47 and start anew?

ciao!

leam