httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How can I deliver cgi-bin results in pieces (over time)
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:09:46 GMT
Ryan Stille wrote:

> Also you will need to be sure the browser can render just part of your data.  What I
mean is in our large page of records if we had all the data in a table, it would not display
until all the data is received from the webserver.  To fix this, we put the data in pieces
of 20 rows per table.  This way data showed up 20 rows at a time.  This may not be such an
issue with current era browsers.

Yeah, you've got to make sure the browser can incrementally render it.
I think that means no external CSS (?), make sure any images have size
attributes (or just don't use any images), and tables have to have all
of their dimensions predefined at the start of the table tag, or else
split them up into multiple tables as above.

Brian