httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eugene Geldenhuys" <euge...@tfx.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI script difficulties
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:37:35 GMT
Okay - I know I'm a bit slow, and you've been asked this 100000 times
already, but I cannot find any solution to my problem in the FAQ, the
mailing-list archives or anywhere else I've looked, so please help me.

I wrote a script which works well on a RH6 system with Apache 1.3x.  I have
now upgraded to RH8 with Apache 2.x and the script won't open or create
files on the server unless I make them suid.
I have scanned all of the documentation for Apache and suexec and have
set up the httpd.conf file as follows:

Listen 80
Listen 8181

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.3:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.3:8181

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.3:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html
    ServerName cerberus.tfx.com.au
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.3:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/mail
    ServerName mail.tfx.com.au
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.3:8181>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/cerberus
    ServerName cerberus.tfx.com.au
    SuexecUserGroup tfx tfx
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/cerberus-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/cerberus-access_log common
    LogLevel warn
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
<Directory "/var/www/cerberus/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride All
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
    Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

the folder /var/www/cerberus is owned by user and group tfx

I can't figure out where the problem is - can you?

Thanking you in anticipation.Best Regards
Eugene Geldenhuys
MCNE ECNE MCSE MCP

TFX SOLUTIONS -
PROFESSIONAL NETWORK DESIGN ,IMPLEMENTATION AND
SUPPORT