httpd-users mailing list archives

From vijay <vi...@greatLodge.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Peoblem executing an Executable
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:29:34 GMT
Robert Andersson wrote:

> vijay wrote:
> > If i execute plain CGI it works, but if i convert it to executable it's
> not
> > working.
>
> I understand that the problem arises when executing it through CGI, correct?
> By 'plain CGI', do you mean a [Perl] script? In regards to CGI, a binary is
> just as plain, if not plainer, than an interpreted script.

Yes..problem comes when i execute it as CGI. if i execute it on command prompt
it works.

> > Do i need to set anything in the webserver config file?
> > The same executable works on one PC.
>
> Well, how is the other server configured?
>
> However, I'd check the CGI configuration on the failing server. Do you use
> ScriptAlias or Options ExecCGI for the directory in which the executable
> resides?

Both servers or configured same. no difference at all. I use ScriptAlias. I did
not use ExecCGI.

Without using ExecCGI it working on my 1st PC.

When tried to run the executable on the 2nd PC i got the error "Premature end
of script headers" then
i installed Active perl , and the module i used to make excutable. And i
created the executable on 2nd pc, then also i got the same error message.

Thanks a lot
Vijay