httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John K. Sterling" <j...@sterls.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Full DN with LDAP issue
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:23:46 GMT

yup - that suggestion would not work for you.

>than using a UID (Unique ID).
>
>I am not sure it is possible to do this.  I was able with Netscape
>FastTrack server but can not seem to make it work with apache...

one way to do this is to make sure there is a 'dn' attribute on the user
and simply change the attrib portion of the url from 'sAMAccountName' to
'dn' - then it should do a search for an attribute called 'dn' on the user
and match the passed in user name to that.

sterling