httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Walls <k6...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host No Display
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:15:33 GMT
Global Point Solutions wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm running a Dell P-410 Dual 333MHz w/Win2K Advance Server Apache
> 2.0.45. I currently have the following virtual hosts defined.
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>   ServerName www.newboardtmbc.org <http://www.newboardtmbc.org>
>   ServerAdmin webmaster@gps1.us <mailto:webmaster@gps1.us>
>   DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/www/newboardtmbc.org
>   ErrorLog logs/newboardtmbc.org-error_log
>   CustomLog logs/newboardtmbc.org-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>   ServerName www.fsi1.net <http://www.fsi1.net>
>   ServerAdmin webmaster@gps1.us <mailto:webmaster@gps1.us>
>   DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/www/fsi1.net
>   ErrorLog logs/fsi1.net-error_log
>   CustomLog logs/fsi1.net-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>   ServerName www.tabernaclebc.us <http://www.tabernaclebc.us>
>   ServerAdmin webmaster@gps1.us <mailto:webmaster@gps1.us>
>   DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/www/tabernaclebc.us
>   ErrorLog logs/tabernaclebc.us-error_log
>   CustomLog logs/tabernaclebc.us-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I have populated two sites NewBoard and FSI and when searched for I can
> view New Board but can't view FSI. It appears that FSI resolves to New
> Board.
> How do I get my individual virtual hosts to display their individual sites?
> The Error logs do not indicate that any thing is wrong and Apache when
> tested, runs fine. I'd truly appreciate a bit of insight.

There are several differences between you conf file and mine (which is
working for 2 sites under Windows 2000 Pro).  You don't have the closing
   quotation marks at the end of the DocumentRoot line.  You do have the
<http://www.tabernaclebc.us> (for example) at the end of the ServerName
line (and I don't).  As NewBoardtmbc.org is the first one listed, it
becomes the default if the VirtualHost can't be found.  I suspect that
the extra data on the ServerName line is causing it to fail to be found
properly so the default VirtualHost is being served.

Here is an extract from my conf file...

# Listen for virtual host requests on all IP addresses
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerName www.k6ccc.org
   ServerAlias k6ccc.org *.k6ccc.org
   DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/k6ccc.org"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerName www.w6sce.org
   ServerAlias w6sce.org *.w6sce.org
   DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/w6sce.org"
</VirtualHost>

Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/