httpd-users mailing list archives

From <...@summerseas.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] LDAP authentication using TLS
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:17:43 GMT
Damian,

I'm trying to do something similar except I'm trying to authenticate via
SSL. I use the Netscape SDK and OpenSSL. The documentation on apache's
site says to get a certificate database from a netscape browser. Just do a
find for cert7.db within either .netscape or .mozilla within your home
directory. What I found was that you need to set the LDAPTrustedCAType
directive to CERT7_DB_PATH but when I do that I get errors in the
error_log saying the I have to use BASE64_FILE but when I try that it
doesn't work. Please let me know if you make any progress.

Thanks,

Vic Engle