httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Single sign-on : LDAP & Cookies
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:29:47 GMT

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 Eddy.COLLART@cec.eu.int wrote:

> Would any of you have recommandations to achieve a single sign-on
> environnement across multiple servers and applications (in the same domain).
>
> I'm thinking about a hack of the mod_auth_ldap module to make use of a

Or any other module, or implemented by java/perl or your favourite app
environment.

> persistent (encrypted) cookie first, and if the cookie is not present yet,
> perform authentication and store the results in the cookie for re-use by
> other servers.

Or simply store a verifiable hash - and tie this in to a profile server as
within no time you find that your servers will need to exchange certain
state tied to that cookie.

> Any other way you'd recommend ? Anyone got his feet wet with that
> already

This is something done very commonly :-).

Dw