httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tomasz Orzechowski <tmo-apache-us...@smayw.nask.com>
Subject [users@httpd] --logfiledir and other options gone from Apache2 ./configure
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:28:26 GMT
I am trying to customize the locations of various config and log files
in my Apache2 setup.  In Apache1.3 ./configure had the --logfiledir and
--runtimedir options to override the location of said files derived from
the layout being used.  Unfortunately they are gone in Apache2 (at least
from 2.0.47 I am working on right now).

The questions:
	- can ./configure be enhanced giving with those (and similar but
	  missing) options; or
	- is having my own setup in config.layout the best solution (which
	  I don't like as much as ./configure options because it is harder
	  when upgrading)

FYI, I am trying to run: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache/2.0.47-1 \
--sysconfdir=/etc/httpd/conf --logfiledir=/var/log/httpd --runtimedir=/var/run

Thank you for your help,

-- Tomasz